Question
Posted by: Fairy | 2007/07/09

How do I get over this feeling?

This may sound totally strange.I am a married woman and developed a friendship with a man over a few months. There was nothing sexual but we realised that we were treading on thin ice and decided to end the relationship.It has been so hard for me, I have lost interest in life, cry alot, especially in the mornings, and miss him terribly.I replay our conversations over in my head.I don't want to feel like this.How do I pull myself together?A confidant told me to imagine how great the pain would be if I lost my family, and I totally agree, hence the end of the relationship.My head knows it's right, but how do I tell my heart to get over it???

Have you thought about (a) why, if you are hapilly married, you needed to get into such a elationship in the first place ? and (b) why you are so reluctant to let go of it now ? Perhaps you were becoming depressed anyway, and took on the relationship as a confidence and mood booster, and are now becoming more clearly depressed ? Seeing a shrink for an assessment and advice based on the results of that, would help.

2
Posted by: Fairy | 2007/07/10

HKY, thanks for your advice.You are so right.I don't know this person well enough to take a risk that he would be better than my 20year relationship with my husband(he was my first love).Perhaps I was just flattered by another man finding me interesting and attractive.

Reply to Fairy
Posted by: HKY | 2007/07/10

My ex wife left me for a guy at work after developing a friendship that later turned into a relationship while we were still married, he was also married at the time this all started, our relationship had taken a dip after I had to close a small business we had and things got tough financially. To cut a long story short, this sweet and charming man that she thought was so special did not mention that she was just a prize lay and that she was not the only " other women in his life" and he had no intention of ever getting seriously involved with her as she thought. The final result is that two families have been broken up and our son and mr charmings daughter have been devastated. Don't go there, you may just find out he is not who you thought he would be. As much as I loved my ex I would never even consider taking her back after this, as trust is one of the cornerstones of marriage.

Reply to HKY