Posted by: AR Botha | 2007/03/01

How do I find out

Where do you test for dyslexia, without giving your name?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Occupational therapists seem to be staging a takeover bid, but are NOT qualified to make ANY clinical diagnosis --- they can be valuable in helping someone deal with some of the consequences of a disorder properly diagnosed by a clinician psychiatrist ro psychologist or doctor. A Psychologist would be the most useful for proper testing --- and no reason not to give your name --- its nothing to be ashamed of, and any proper health professional would be bound by confidentuiality, if you're woried that others might find out about the assessment of diagnosis

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Ola | 2007/03/02

You could be in good company AR Botha - so don't be shy! Here's a list of some of the most successfull, innovative and creative people in the world - all known to be dyslexic: Richard Branson, Jamie Oliver, Tom Cruise!, Whoopie Goldberg, Anthony Hopkins, John Irving, John Lennon, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, John F Kennedy, General George S Patton, Walt Disney, Pablo Picasso, Leonardo da Vinci, Agatha Christie, Sir Winston Churchill and Albert Einstein. One of SA's greatest retailers, the late Tony Factor, was also dyslexic. It is estimated that one in five people on the planet are dyslexic.

Reply to Ola
Posted by: RMC | 2007/03/01

Online tests are not conclusive

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Rick | 2007/03/01

There's a free online test available at www dyslexia com as well as a wealth of reading material.

Reply to Rick
Posted by: RMC | 2007/03/01

You need to go see a specialist - like an occupational therapist canhelp identitfy the signs and an opthamologist can also help - but you need to see them physically. Why would you think it is there?

Reply to RMC

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.