Question
Posted by: single parent | 2008/05/21

How do I...?

My LO is 3.5, we separated with his father when he was 5month old.The separation was mutual. He has never visited our son since then (by choice).The thing is my son has started asking me about his dad.I am not sure what to tell him.How do I handle this?

EL makes sound sense. Try asking also on the prenting forum, for more opinions

2
Posted by: Britty | 2008/05/21

EL's advice is good or you can contact the child's father and ask him for advice on what the child is to be told - worth a child is the child is particuarly persistent. Of course if the father's answer is "not interested" you will of course not tell the child that as it could affect him the rest of his life. You obviiously care very much about your child and I am sure you will find an answer. Take care.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: EL | 2008/05/21

Hi. I know how it feels to be a single parent. Luckily my little one was too young to ask about that, but what you can tell him is that his father loves him very much and it is not his fault that his father is gone, just tell him that his father is unable to see him because of some reasons and that you will tell him more when he is older.

Reply to EL