Question
Posted by: RC | 2004/12/14

How could they give the cybershrink this job Reg:13476

I explaned what the situation is and you just said ,,,,,,,
What the hell was that, im looking for advice about the abortion and about what can i say to my sister. You could have done the efford and just read the posting for goodness sake because how can any shrink give that advice to a sister that are looking for advice for her heart broken sister.

RC, how rude and greedy you are, I have and will alwatys have the absolute right to refuse to answer ANY question, whenever I please. You received excellent responses from other readers last time, and again this time.
Your posting was highly confusing and made very little sense, and I'm not prepared to waste my time trying to guess what you might be talking about, and then invent and answer to it.
Read again the thoughtful replies you received from others, and which you seem to have foolishly rejected. Why isn't your sister solving her own problems ? Whatever decision the courts made is supposed to be in the best interests of the child, and if she has any good reasopn to disagree, she needs to speak to a lawyer, not a shrink. And if she has any good reason to be scared of this man, she should call POWA for advice we cannot provide
And to the other readers --- thanks for your support and understanding. Unless I can retain the right to ignore selected messages which are needlessly repetitive, confusing, or outside my areas of expertise, this forum will be impossible to run and might have to close.

7
Posted by: Ruler | 2004/12/14

NLM, i fully agree with your statement. This man has got what it takes.

Reply to Ruler
Posted by: NLM | 2004/12/14

You are very harsh on CS---respect the fact that he is not a KNOW ALL and has never ever given himself out to be one. At least what i respect about this man is that when he does give advice, it's always spot on. It's when people think they have all the knowledge on earth that they make great fu---ckups.

CS knows when he can reply and when not. Read his credentials and you will see for yourself what a remarkable man he is.

Reply to NLM
Posted by: Paul | 2004/12/14

I just read it and I gues the reason is he cant paste it together, neither can I.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Inc | 2004/12/14

Your posting was quite confusing RC. If your sister is not happy in the marriage, then she should get out. About the abortion... she made that decision to keep the man. Nothing can change that now. As for losing her son... there needs to be a pretty good reason for the courts to take that child away from her. If your sister is scared of the man, then she can contact POWA and they will assist her...
other than that, all you can do is to go on with your own life and leave her to sort hers out herself.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/12/14

Sheeeeeesh !

Toemaar CS ek's nog baie lief vir jou! And sumtimes I don't like ur advise but ur ALWAYS right..... :-)

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/14

Hi RC,

It's not fair you release your frustration on CS like that. I guess sometimes we should understand that if he has nothing to say on a certain topic, there's nothing he will say. Besides, there's not enough info to give a valid response.

My opinion is that your sister seems to have given up most control of her life to her husband. This built up on lies & deceit. I would safely say that it would be much better if she made efforts to help herself.

Are they living in the same house? How can it be that the mother was not given a chance to bond with the baby? I assume a new-born baby would need it's mother desparately. Was she never even given a chance to change or bathe the baby? It's hard to comprehend all this with your incomplete posting so I can understand CS's hesitation in responding.

Besides, if this is the case it sounds like she maybe being held as a prisoner... in this case I would urge you to advise your sister on contacting at least the POWA group of people. Maybe they would be able to get you a satisfactory answer.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Paul | 2004/12/14

RC calm down girl. It just means that CS has nothing more to say on the subject, because the regulars have pretty much said it all. Remember that CS has a real job that pays real money, what he does here is for FREE, he gets no money from anyone for it, so it would be senseless to spend 20 minutes answering the same answer that someone else did. Its not his job, it not his duty, its his own time that he gives freely.

Reply to Paul