Question
Posted by: mammie | 2004/10/27

how could he

we were at a family members place, and with all the in and out, some stuff went missing and telling some of the people about it, one guy jumped and said "it was not my child" - I thought he was a bit too quick in defending his child. If my kids were there, I'd have called them and asked them in front of everyone if they were involved -and boy do they know what will happen if they lie.
We all teach our children not to take things that son't belong to them, but we are all human and know what temptation is.

MMmm, yes, too rapid and practised a defense does make one wonder. Your approach to the issue sounds sensible