Question
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/09

How come I end up working for people like this ?

If you've followed this you'll know that my leave's all of a sudden not starting the 15th as I "cannot have 1 months off".

Today our main rep is going overseas for 6 weeks, they have just informed me "that all invoices of HIS customers are for the office account not his commission" as they are not prepared to accept him being on leave for "6 weeks".

Nice hey ?

Well, at least you know now you're not being personally targetted. How much leave is the big Boss taking, as a matter of interest ? Delene's points are well worth taking

4
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/09

I understand and agree also but they cannot complain about it for the whole year knowing your arrangements or as in my case condition of employment and then ONE WEEK (in my case) ONE DAY (in his case) say NO!

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: Red | 2005/12/09

I agree with Delene.

Reply to Red
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/09

CP Mom, although I dont believe a boss should be petty at all like carol's here, many companies do not allow you to go on leave for such a long period at a time. It cost them money.

Even me next year we want to go overseas. I only got 18 days a year. They already allow me to go in the minus, but they have a problem that I want to be away for a month.
I understand that. I mean it is difficult to be without staff members. a week, 2 weeks they can cope, but a month they struggle. They employ us cuz they need us.
we must put ourselves in their shoes as well.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Carol | 2005/12/09

You have my sympathies, my hubs gets his payslip , now he took a few hours off last month to help me cope when my dad died, they deducted those hours , they even deductd the time he spent at my dads memorial ..... his boss is a total b$%$ and he will get his , and so will all the firms that mess their staff around ... its just not funny at all !!!!!

Reply to Carol