Question
Posted by: Joey | 2007/07/31

How can it be?

I have had v infections on and off for 2 months now - been on Flagyl , augmentin and dalicin VC. Been to doc and gynae - they don't seem to be concerned.

I have had a milky discharge (thin and odourless) for over 2 weeks with burning in that area every now and then (mostly during times of stress). I went to the doc and she took blood tests for herpes (my husband and I have been married for 3 years and both of us have never been with anyone else).

The results came back and she said that she could see that I have had a cold sore before but the test for genital herpes is negitive - how in the world does that work?

COld sores may be due to a differnt herpes virus and not the one causing genital herpes.
Your discharge sounds like it could be thrush, but the best way to tell is for your doctor to send a swab to the lab.