Question
Posted by: Confused | 2004/10/06

How can it be

HI there

I went for my 20 weeks check-up with a new gynie today.According to him I am 22 weeks pregnant everything indicates it.But I worked it all out that I ovulated between 22-27 May.My last menstrual cycle started on the 8May and finished on the 13.Does that mean that I was pregnant already when I had my period??

Please help!

The pregnancy dates are calculated from your last period as nobody knows for sure when the actual implantation took place. The scans are very accurate at this gestational age depending on the scanner

5
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/07

Friend is correct. This always confuses people, but your pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Friend | 2004/10/07

Hi there ladies,

Gynaecologists and scans calculate how far you are from the 1st day of your LMP, even though you only fell pregnant about 14 days into your cycle, counting from day1 (when your period started.) Which means if your gynae or a scan says you're 12 weeks, you are 12 weeks pregnant but the baby is only 10 weeks old. The two weeks is always added on and calculated from your LMP, unless the doctor gives you a date and the scan shows that you're further then it means your LMP, was not a real period but implantation bleeding. To be sure your dates and the scan should be very much the same.

Hope this helps!

Good luck.

Reply to Friend
Posted by: Amy | 2004/10/06

Where can I find the Discovery pregnancy calculator?
I'm also kinda confused when it comes to my conception date.
My LMP was on 19/07/04 and when I visited my gynae on 30/08/04 she told me I was 6 weeks.
This didn't make any sense at all since I was in the UK till 28/07/04 and was only active a few days after that & was not active for 4 weeks prior to that.
Now according to her calculations, I'm nearly 12 weeks, is that possible?

Reply to Amy
Posted by: Nicolene | 2004/10/06

I had more or less the same situation when I found out that I was pregnant, According to my last Period (which was 30/06/04) I was suppose to be 4 weeks, because I went to gynie on 30/07/04, and when he did the scan everything indicatd tha I was 7 weeks already,which means I conceived 11/06/04 and he explained the bleeding as implantion bleeding and not a period at all!!!

I went for my 16 week scan last week and According to the size and development of the baby I am definately 16 weeks

Hope this helps

Nicolene

Reply to Nicolene
Posted by: R | 2004/10/06

According to Discovery's Pregnancy Calculator you should be 21 weeks 4 days.

Hope this helps.

R

Reply to R