Question
Posted by: tebogo | 2005/07/12

how and when

hello Doc
I am a lady of 30 years and I want to get prednant. I had a miscarage in June 2000 and since then I have never tried again. My partner and I have recently decided to try again but I am scared it might happen again. The reason for the first miscarage was not known as I only found out that I was pregnant after I have already miscarried. I was 9 weeks pregnant when I found out. I want to know how many days after and before my period should I try to concieve.

Hope that you will be able to help me.

Thanking you in advance

Tebogo Mokgolobotho

Have a look at the Top 5 questions for information on the best time ot conceive.
The chances are far greater that you will have a normal pregnancy than another miscarriage.

1
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/12

Hi Tebogo

Sorry about your previous miscarriage. I hope things will go smoother this time around.

It depends how long your cycle is. If it's 28 days long, then from the first day you started menstruating count to day 10 - 18 - that's when you are most fertile.

To be exact, have intercourse on day 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 and your chances will be quite good.

What contraception are you currently using?

Reply to Tina