Question
Posted by: CJ2 | 2007/03/12

How accurate is gene test?

My baby was diagnosed with PWS, but on contacting the foundation they said that blindness does not occur within these kids and yet, my baby can't see, as previously mentioned. Should he go for further tests? Also, at 12wks his EMG was negative for hipotism. Reason for asking you, I can't get a geneticist to discuss this telephonically with me and the closests one is 300km and at the moment finances are running really low.

Expert ImageGeneticist

Dear CJ2

Further tests would be the best option. It is very difficult to give advice without a clinical examination.

Regards, Maritha