Question
Posted by: Tweetie | 2007/03/05

How about a boy?

I'm just trying to find out for interest sake if there is anything I can do to increase my chances of having a boy. I have 2 girls, but always wanted a boy. Don't get me wrong, won't trade my girls for anything in the world, but they also want a brother, I'm just not sure if I should take a chance.
Any advise?

dear tweetie

Unfortunatelty there is very little to guarntee the sex selection. In extereme cases or where genetic disorders prevail, sex selection can be done through a process called PGD(pre genetic dagnosis) in an in vitro setting.
However the cost of this process is formidable and has the same success rate of ivf , ie 40% at our centre.

1
Posted by: Sarah | 2007/03/08

If you have interuterine insemination the doctors can wash the sperm and separate the boy/girl sperm. The chances of getting the sex you desire is about 80%. I know Medfem does this. IUI costs about R3000 - R5000.

Reply to Sarah