Question
Posted by: SANDY | 2009/05/28

HOW

I GIVE UP B4 TRYING ANYTHING A BOOK A RELATIONSHIP A TASK.NOT LONG ATTENTION SPAN.GET BORED QUICKLY.
WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE HELP, WHAT CAN I DO TO PUSH ME THE EXTRA MILE.

Attention spans can be trained and increased. Nike has the general idea --- start small ( a SMALL donut, perhaps ) and work your way up ! Try concentrating on TV shows, from half-hour sitcoms through longer episode series, to ordinary moves, then try some of the extra long-ones. Read something short like the Reader's Digest then longer articles, short stories, then books with chapters --- picking where possible, topics which interest you.
And part of the problem lies in your assuming that you must never ever get bored. Why not ? I suspect you start off fine, find a boring patch, and give up. Instead, press on ; few books or relationships are boring for very lon, so press on towards the next interesting bit. And reward yourself for achieving longer and longer relatonships, books, whatever

1
Posted by: Nike | 2009/05/28

Ain' t nothing to it BUT to DO IT! I never finish anything either, it' s such a pain!!
BUT then do one silly thing and finish it, like 1 article in the newspaper. Then do another silly thing and finish it, start doing this small and slow and then it becomes a habit and you start moving onto bigger, more meaningful things.
You can condition yourself to finish stuff.
I' m working on it myself, that' s how I know it works.
PS: I started with finishing a donut! LOL I had to count something as my first silly thing... and I' m slightly mad LOL.
Anyway: Just do it!

Reply to Nike