Question
Posted by: hoe om te? | 2004/11/22

How 2 breakup

Mense
allow me to ask this question; how do/did you go about breaking up in your past relationship. ek voel dat I am stuck in my relationship ek kan nie break loose. Ek is nie happy in dit. but how? my man does not satisfy me ons is baie different and ons is in die brink van collapse emotionally. Help

Have you tried marriage counselling, to see if this can be fixed ? If anyone has found a comfortable, non-painful way of breaking up with someone they actually cared for ( we had no trouble breaking up with Saddam hussain), then I havent yet heard of it

4
Posted by: hoe om te? | 2004/11/23

what makes it a complex decision is we are engaged to be married in Feb '05 en ons bly almal.Ons het a beautiful dogter together which we both really love. hy is baie dreamful and wishful. he earns way little (we both earn little) maar hy wil take us to view a R1.2m huis op skou. of droom oor 'n BMW X5 as of hy wil buy these nou nou. That puts pressure lots of pressure on ons budget of each other. Help asb.

Reply to hoe om te?
Posted by: me | 2004/11/23

Here is my 2 cents worth: My b/f and I broke up on Friday and I cried the whole w/end. Everyday I am feeling better. Today, I have not cried yet. My advice is to cut it clean, do not leave a door open for eachother to go back to, do not live on hope, focus on someone else (someone you like just a little bit) and have a strong support system. Talk it out with friends and folks until you cannot talk about it anymore, cry until you have no tears left and remember why it did not work out, dont only remember the good times. It is my 4th day of being single again, and I am feeling ok. If I can do it, you can too.

Reply to me
Posted by: Zee | 2004/11/23

I think its a very difficult thing to do(I ve gone through it) but its worth it. You need firstly to be sure that you want to break up and secondly you need to be extra strong.
When I broke up with my ex-boyfriend it was a very devastating and painful process, and it took me at least a year to get over it. I went for counselling in the process to help me get strong and be firm on my decision, and avoid temptation of wanting to go back.

After 1.5years of a break up, I met my fiancee and I ve never been this happy. When you break up with someone you sort of dont think there is someone out there who can make you happy, and you think ur world revolves around that person. Let me tell u something, ITS NOT TRUE.

Letting go can be avery rewarding decision eventually, but a painful process in the short term. U NEED TO BE BRAVE , call ur patner and tell him in a loving and caring manner, AND AFTERWARDS DONT LOOK BACK.

All the best

Reply to Zee
Posted by: Liza | 2004/11/22

I hope someone gives good advice here - cause I need it too!

Reply to Liza