Question
Posted by: Piola | 2007/03/29

House Calls in Cape Town

Could you please tell me if their are any Doctors/Nurses or Organisations that do medical home visits in Cape Town? My grandparents are both in their 90's and I am concerned about their health. It would be nice if they could have a medical exam every month at their home, just to check their basics. This info would be much appreciated.

Dear Piola,
The local municipalities used to have sisters that visited patients at home - phone your nearest municipal clinic and hear if they still do this? Another option is to organize with a GP nearby to do a home visit.

8
Posted by: Dr MHLONGO | 2015/09/19

DR P MHLONGO based in shop3 , tygersentrum , 16 voortrekker street, belville, cape town. 021949 00 33. We do house calls and we enjoy it.Get in touch with us .

Reply to Dr MHLONGO
Posted by: Dr Michelle Maartens | 2015/05/02

I realise that this response is 8 years late and may no longer be appropriate your (my condolences, if so.) I provide medical home visits in Cape Town. I am based in Century City and can travel to surrounding areas and am able to assist anywhere in Cape Town. My medical services include: - medical consultation for all ages - including medical conditions ranging from severe illness to even the most minor of concerns - medical check-ups - laboratory service - referrals to specialist - follow up and monitoring - vaccination and vitamin injections (for individuals and businesses) - facial treatments including dermal Fillers and peels Please feel free contact me, my availability is flexible. For my contact details and to see more visit http://www.docmaartens.co.za

Reply to Dr Michelle Maartens | 4 comments (hide)
Posted by: Shell Castle | 2016/04/10

My parents are at Oasis would you be able to do a house visit and what is your rate please ..

Posted by: sr naidoo | 2015/08/08

please can u call me on 0744324606 to arrange consultation

Posted by: Fadia | 2015/05/23

Hi Doctor, I would like to know if Doctor still do house calls and if so the costs please. My mother is 65 yrs old and refuse to go to hospital. We are in Belhar area, ext 7.

Posted by: Fadia | 2015/05/23

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/02/08

whoever suggested moving them to an old age home is an insensitive person. i admire this person for wanting to care for her aged grand parents.

Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/29

Phone one of the provincial hospitals and ask them if they know of any doctor who will do house calls. Or ask any pharmacy in C/T. There is bound to be a pharmacist who will know of someone who does house calls.

Shouldn't they maybe be living in an old age facility where there is 24hr medical treatment available?

Reply to anxious