Question
Posted by: chelsea-bun | 2004/10/05

Hot Water=Flat Tummy??How true is this?

I would like to know more about water, but hot water in particular. I have been taking hot or rather warm water in the belief that it helps to make a bulging tummy flat. I am worried as well that it might have certain side effects in my body. What exactly does warm water do in one's body?

Expert ImageNatural health

Dear Chelsea-Bun

Hot water is a very good cleanser of the colon. A maximum of 3 mugs of hot water a day can be consumed to have this effect. Hot water sipped after a meal can help you digest your food better. Yes, if it is due to the colon not emptying properly, it can help, but to stop your tummy from bloating ever is unlikely. Fermentation of food causes bloatedness. We need to digest and not ferment our food. Some foods are more difficult to digest and should be avoided if possible. They are sugar and anything containing sugar, white flour products, coffee, tea, alcohol.... Natural foods that can cause bloatedness are dried beans and pulses not cooked correctly, certain veggies such as cabbage, onions, cauliflower...Pitted fruits or any fruit and veg that is half-ripe. Even mixing food groups can cause bloatedness. It can also be due to a lack of enzymes and flora or a pancreas that is battling. Try and assess the cause and treat it from that level. If you are unsure, seek the advice of a naturopath or nutritionist.

Products that will help you overcome the problem are:

Bioflora capsules
Bio-Strath Elixir
Gastronol Tablets from A Vogel

Use the products as recommended on the labels.

Ensure that you drink a further two liters of filtered water daily to stay hydrated.

All the best.

Estie

6
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/18

Hi,how long does it takes a tummy to flatten when drinking hot water?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/17

Does hot water helps the tummy to be flat

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/09

I wanna know does vinger help u have a flat tummy

Posted by: SEAN | 2014/06/17

Every day jus make it a habit

Reply to SEAN
Posted by: Lerato | 2013/12/13

How long must you drink hot water ,so that you can hv flat tummy?

Reply to Lerato | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: lira | 2016/05/11

it depend with what yo put in yo mouth