Question
Posted by: ray | 2004/09/22

hot pins & needles on upper body (chest, arms, back)

I'm hiv+. Recently have been getting hot pins & needles effect on my upper body - chest, upper arms and back. This occurs more when I go to bed.
Please let me know if you have any advise.

Ray, it doesn’t necessarily have to be due to the HIV, but you might have a neuritis of sorts. The best would be to try taking a long-acting anti-inflammatory like Brexecam® for a couple of days, but if it doesn’t make a difference the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Lynne | 2004/09/22

It sounds like it has affected your neurological system. You could also send a posting to the HIV Expert.

Reply to Lynne