Question
Posted by: H | 2004/12/05

Hot flushes before ovulation

I'm 29 and have been ttc for a year. I have PCOS and had a lap in June.

I went for my day 12 scan and I have 2 follies on the left ovary and one on the right (these were the biggest). The Dr gave me Gonal f to help them along as he said that they were interfering with each other and therefore not growing on their own. I started spotting on day 12 but it stopped. I have now been having hot flushes since Thursday. Is this normal?
Is it because of the drop in oestrogen or is it going to affect my chances in conceiving? I experienced these flushes on clomid but not on my own. It seems like every month a new problem arises! Also has anyone had experiences with acupuncture while doing IVF? I've heard that it can increase one's chances of IVF working.

The hot flushes are most likely due to the medication. They do not relate to your chances of conceiving.