Question
Posted by: Lorna | 2006/07/19

Hot flushes

I had a partial hysterectomy about 12 years ago, I am 55 years old. I still have my ovaries. The doctor put me onto Femigel about 7 years ago and I have been fine. I take a lot of other medication one being water tablets because of my high blood pressure. Recently I have been having bad hot flushes quite a few times during the day and at night.

My question to you is why am I getting them if I am on HRT? Could it be the water tablets that could be causing it? I also take blood pressure tablets.

I have tried to increase the dose of the Femigel and that works I still get them but not so often during the day.

Can I change to something else that will take the flush away completely or is it something I have to live with. I did a search for hot flushes on your site and someone recommended Femiderm??

I look forward to you response.

thank you.

It sounds like you are not getting a high enough dose of oestrogen. You could change to an ostrogen tablet rather than the gel.