Question
Posted by: maws | 2004/11/17

hot flushes

I'm past 60 an therefore long past menopause. But after all these years I still suffer from terrible hot flushes which really drain me. At the onset of menopause, I followed my doctors orders and went on HRT. But after many years I decided I would prefer the natural road. However, soya (Phytopause) has done nothing for met. Now I've discontinued that and am using nothing at the moment. I saw an add for some product with clonidine for hot flushes, but discovered this is a substance with side-effects and not natural. Would black cohosh be the answer? With which other natural substances? Please advise. Greetings. Maws

Expert ImageNatural health

Hi Maws

The HRT has stopped you from having menopause earlier and the fact that you are not using anything now is allowing your body to go through menopause finally. It is not a disease and does not need to be medicated. We don't medicate puberty but for some reason doctors feel that menopause means you must use HRT. This is not advised at all naturally.

There are natural products that can help you through this time. It would be best if you could see an experienced homeopath to help you as each person is unique and needs specific treatment.

If you wish to use OTC products then something such as Menopause Formula from A Vogel used with Bio-Strath Elixir and Urticalcin can be of great benefit. Use the products three times a day long term to see the full benefits. If you have fresh herbs at home, have some fresh sage daily in your food. It is known to help with the hot flushes.

Kind regards.

Estie

Menopause

Do you suffer from?

• Profuse bleeding?
• Irregular periods?
• Lack of libido?
• Headaches?
• Hot flushes?
• Night sweats?
• Mood swings?
• Depression and anxiety?
• Irritability?
• Feelings of weakness?
• Sleep disorders?
• Palpitations?

Nature’s solution

A.Vogel’s Menopause Formula is a comprehensive homeopathic remedy, which is very effective for reducing the symptoms associated with menopause:

A.Vogel’s Urticalcin helps to normalise the pH in the body to its optimal, slightly alkaline level, by providing a biological calcium and by improving the ability of the body to absorb calcium from food. The health benefits of preventing acidification of the blood by calcium supplementation are far reaching, and for the menopausal women, include the prevention of osteoporosis. Healthy hair and nails are also important consequences of calcium sufficiency.

Does it really work?

*A European clinical trial involving 52 menopausal women taking Menopause Formula for a period of three months, revealed that the remedy had an excellent effect in alleviating symptoms of menopause as described above. 51 out of 52 (98.1%) patients enjoyed a very positive response to the treatment, even as assessed by physicians. The tolerability of Menopause Formula was outstanding.

The results also showed that continued use of this remedy over a period of three months brings about an ongoing reduction of symptoms.

Some useful information

The first step for menopausal women is to realise that within nature, menopause is not regarded as an estrogen deficiency disease requiring hormone replacement therapy. Menopause is not an illness; it is a transformation period in a woman’s life.

Did you know?

In a shock disclosure in 2002, a five year clinical trial study of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) of 16 000 menopausal women was discontinued in the face of emerging evidence of the possible dangerous long-term consequences of HRT; significantly breast cancer. Though this was not surprising when one considers that HRT interferes with a changing hormone balance that is all part of a completely natural process.

Summary

Menopause is not a medical condition, but a period of transformation. Help yourself to make this as blissful a change as possible, and look forward to a time when life will be settled and easy. Many menstrual problems are the result of a cleansing process . The uterus knows it must settle down, and the body uses menstrual flow as a cleansing process. While good nutrition and taking care of yourself is of utmost importance, nature once again has remedies that can reduce some of the symptoms of menopause: Menopause Formula is an excellent answer to symptom relief, while Urticalcin effectively elevates blood calcium levels, thereby maintaining bone density.

Every effort should be made to accept this new era with grace and trust in the knowledge that the menopause is absolutely necessary to ensure that vitality is sustained through to old age. By supporting this process naturally, you can look forward to a healthy and active life after menopause.

For those who have had a hysterectomy, Menopause Formula and Urticalcin are also very effective remedies.

A note about female emotional problems

It’s no secret that women in general are endowed with a gentler, more emotional nature attributes that lend themselves to the finer qualities of sensitivity, empathy and intuition. Consequently, they often find themselves in the role of nurturer, care giver or peacemaker. It’s not uncommon for women to feel burdened by such roles, and they may need a nerve tonic along the way.

Nature provides this through Hyperiforce, made from fresh shoots of St John’s Wort (one of the oldest medicinal plants). A wonderful nerve tonic, it strengthens the nervous system, alleviating anxiety, depression and restlessness. Hyperiforce is well suited to the female psyche.

Does it really work?

* Clinical trials to measure the efficacy of Hyperiforce were conducted on 260 psychiatric patients around Europe. The study demonstrated a 50% average reduction in depressive symptoms for these patients, a result that was little changed by decreasing the dose to only 0.17 mg, and more favourable than other studies that used preparations of up to 2.7 mg. It is possible that this reflects the advantage of using only the fresh shoot tips of St John’s Wort. Hyperiforce was shown to have excellent tolerability.

* Bommer S. Menosan to tide over menopausal symptoms. Schweiz. Zschr. GanzheitsMedizin 1997; 9 (1):41-44.

Menopause Formula. Application No. U643(Act 101/1965). Each 1 ml contains Agnus castus D4 0.167 ml, Cimifuga racemosa D6 0.167 ml, Ignatia D6 0.167 ml, Lachesis D10 0.167 ml, Sanguinaria D6 0.167 ml, Sepia D12 0.167 ml. Alcohol content 50% v/v.

Urticalcin Tablets. Application No. U959 (Act 101/1965). Each tablet contains Calcium carb. Hahnem. D4 0.50 mg, Calcium Phos D6 0.50 mg, Natrium phos D6 0.50 mg, Silicea D6 2.50 mg and Urtica D1 10.00 mg in a tablet base composed of lactose, potato starch and magnesium stearate.

* Lenoir S, Degenring F.H, and Saller R. Hyperiforce tablets for the treatment of mild to moderate depression. Schweiz. Zschr. GanzheitsMedizin 1997: 9(5):226-232

Hyperiforce Tablets. Each tablet contains 40 – 75 mg dried extract of fresh young shoots of St. John’s Wort (hyperici herba recentis extr. Sicc 3,9 – 5,0:1) with 0,33 mg of total Hypericin as well as auxiliary substances.

Hyperiforce Liquid. Application no. U916 (Act 101/1965) contains Hypericum perforatum .

All products are available from Pharmacies and Health Stores

For more information please contact:

SA Natural Products (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 2
Botha’s Hill, KZN, 3660

Customer Care lines:
Tel: 031 7838000
Fax : 031 7838080
info@sanatural.co.za

This leaflet is not intended as a medical diagnosis, and in no way excludes the necessity of a diagnosis from a health practitioner. Its intent is solely informational and educational

1
Posted by: HAJ | 2006/05/04

Please advise what would you recommed as a remedy for estrogen defiency

Reply to HAJ