Question
Posted by: Eve | 2004/10/25

Hot Flushes

I had a hysterectomy in January 2000. I had a cyst on one of my ovaries, which was removed. The lifted my bladder which was weak at the time and my gynae repaired a hernia which I had on my c/section cut. I suffer terribly from hot flushes. I still have both my ovaries. Please advise what I can do to stop these hot flushes. I am 40 years old. I have been told I have to go for a menopausal screen test. Should I go for this test, as I can not tolerate these hot flushes anymore. I am on 2 tranquillizers for panic attackes namely Xanor and Aropax. Have been on this medication for 5 years already. Also on medication for high blood and high cholesterol.

It would be a good idea to have the menopause screen. It only involves a blood test. If you are menopausal, hormone replacement therapy would help.