Question
Posted by: Nunnie | 2004/09/23

Hot Flushes

I had a hysterectomy in January 2000 at the age of 36. I still have my ovaries. I suffer terrribly with hot flushes in summer. In winter I am fine. I have been on medication for cholesterol and high blood presure for 12 years. I am also on tranquillizors (Zanor and Aropoax) for panic attacks for the past 5 years . Is there anything I can take for the hot flushes. I have been advised not to take any form of vitamins etc as it brings on my panic attacks. Please help.

Nunnie, the best would be to have blood taken for a menopausal screen, because it sounds like something happened to your ovaries. Let me know what the result is and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.