Question
Posted by: Judy | 2003/02/11

hot flushes

I have always had a problem with sweaty palms and blushing. Lived with it. Maybe its a confident thing, but I do think I would be fine if this didnt continue to happen. It usually happens when I am in a group of people and someone asks me something, just get hot, feel like a total idiot, blushing seems to get worse and worse. It is causing me a problem at work, as I know i could do much better or go further if this didnt happen, so I tend to not get too involved with certain things at work incase this happens. Is there a tablet I can take to prevent this happenning, if I knew I wouldnt blush etc, I would feel much more confident, if that makes sense. Please help. I am 31

Judy, the safest would be to first have your doctor give you a full physical and make sure that there is no physical problem. If he gives you the all clear, you can ask him to prescribe you a â-blocker to help with the symptoms. You can take them every day, or just before a stressful situation. They don’t work like “stress pills” so they won’t prevent you from thinking clearly. Good luck.