Question
Posted by: nk | 2007/04/19

Hospitalisation for coming off meds?

You responded to my earlier message for taking too many tablets. I have made an appoitment with another Psychiatrist for Monday. I was just wondering whether to come off so many different meds would require hospitilasation or can it be done safely at home? I have had bad reactions to some of the meds that were prescribed in the past. Thank you.

It shouldn't require hospitalization, usually, but if you need to come off any meds, don't do it on your own --- discuss this with the new psychiatrist and work out a plan or what to reduce and when. With such a plan one can usually come off most meds without hsopitalization.