Question
Posted by: Morgan | 2006/07/17

horror workouts!

Dear Doc I am a 25yr old fairly healthy male trying to improve on my fitness levels. I find that i tire easily during the workout and even have waves of nausea - and have to cut my workout time short because of this . I also note that I suffer from terrible headaches after a gym workout. Am i doing something wrong does it have to do with nutrition or what?
Please advise .

Hi Morgan
Yes you may develop low blood sugar during workouts. Look on the health 24 websites for low glucemic index foods and diets for exercise. At least eat a banana before working out and hourly thereafter if you are working hard.

3
Posted by: morgan | 2006/07/18

Hi thanx. Yes I do use Ventolin, Seretide and i neb myself everyday. Will try the banana before workouts.

Reply to morgan
Posted by: CD response | 2006/07/17

Morgan, Just ensure that you take something like Beclate before you work out to ensure that you don't get exercise asthma too. The growing pains could be due to over stressing of the bone but ask your doctor just to do the basic blood tests to ensure that you don't have anything to worry about ( FBC, CRP, ESR)

Reply to CD response
Posted by: morgan | 2006/07/17

Morgan here again -25year old male I have nausea during gymworkouts and bad headaches afterwards, sometimes I experience what I call "growing pains" a few days after a workout it actually feels like teenage growing pains.
I am also an asthma sufferer and often have a tight wheezing chest. other than that I consuider myself tobe fairly fit.

Reply to morgan