Posted by: toxy | 2008/07/22

Horney Goat weed

Hi, I' m attempting to seperate fact from fiction. I require as much strength as I can muster in my martial art, one of the ways i' ve heard to achieve this is through supplementation with testosterone (normal supplements, nothing steroidal, not my scene). Now here is the fact from fiction, you are obviously supposed to cycle the supplements, 6 weeks on, 4weeks off, I' ve heard that on the off cycle you should use ' horney goatweed'  to counter your bodies ' now excessive'  production of estrogen, but apparently this does all sorts of wonders (aside from what it' s usually known for) for the human body.
Is this notion true, could you briefly outline the benifits one would gain from using this product, no need to mention libido, sexual performance etc... I mean over and above that.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Toxy

In short I don’t have an answer for you! Besides the supposedly sexual attributes it boasts I don’t know if it can be trusted for all it’s other claims - it is not a product I have experience with. Thus the best advice I can give you is to ask for the scientific paper/s that tested such claims – if it comes from a reputable source you can trust it, if it is just based on hearsay research I would take it with a pinch of salt.

I gather your main aim is strength and since you indicated that you do not prescribe to steroids / steroid type products I know from my experience that you can increase your strength vastly with the right kind of training and supported by the correct nutrition. Thus I would recommend you seek the help of professionals in both fields to ensure you are doing the right thing and thereby maximizing your gains.

Good luck!