Posted by: Heidi | 2008/08/25

Hormones/Eating disorder

I' m 42yrs old had sterilization done in 2005. At times my periods are start every 20-22 days, other times it' s about 2 weeks, but mostly 20-22 days. My absolute frustration now is that about a week sometimes 2 weeks prior to my period, my boobs swell/tender and I can' t stop eating...I' m picking up a lot of wait and I' m trying to quit smoking which has not been successful- this depresses me more! I have asked my dr and he say just eat, stay of bread etc.... A yr ago one of the Gine' s suggested I go onto hormone, I don' t want to, already I keep on picking up wait and to worsen it with hormone tablets would no be advisable...I really need some advice. I would prefer to run on something more natural.

Unfortunately, these are vey common premenstrual symptoms. Try eating salads and fruit when you are hungry. There isn't a medication that will help with this.