Question
Posted by: SallyBee | 2007/11/27

Hormones on a rampage?

I am 36 years old, I have a child of twelve with whom I had a natural birth. I have not been on any form of birth control since then. I have always suffered from painful periods and PMS, but have always been regular.
My problem is that my periods are becoming further and further apart (Almost 45 days now) Periods are more painful and PMS is extreme. I have hairs growing on my chin, I am gaining weight and have become extremely irritable. My joints ache more and more and I now find that I have absolutely zero interest in sex. I have had blood tests to check for early menopause and any thyroid problems but my tests came back 100% normal. Am I going mad?! Please help me with an idea of what I should do now? Feel hopeless and really want to fix whatever is wrong.

The changes related to the menopause start several years before your periods stop or there are blood changes.
I would suggest that you have a check for PCOS. You could try taking Ponstan for the painful periods. I presume that your internal examination was normal.