Posted by: rose | 2008/11/24

hormones irregular

I am 25, 3yr old son.
Could i get my hormone levels tested at a chemist or clinic?
(Due to not having sufficient money to go to gynae or GP)
I have a feeling / symptoms that might be telling me i should get them checked. Esp Seratonin. I have the mirena, for 2yrs now, not sure if that could be the cause.
Eg. i have binge eating (although healthy weight) sometimes go over board on eating and feel guilty, worthless and depressed afterwards. Acne, sometimes migraines, only spotting - no " real"  period. low iron levels (got told by the blood bank, so i couldn' t donate) tired, emotional.. etc.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Serotonin levels cannot be measured. Your symptoms are non-specific and do not really suggest a gynae hormonal problem. You would have to see a doctor to assess what tests are necessary.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.