Question
Posted by: Minnie | 2004/01/11

Hormones and weight gain

I am 49 years old, in general a healthy, active person. I had a partial hysterectomy in 1995 (womb removed, ovaries still in tact) I was not placed on hormone replacement treatment after the operation. Everything went well untill about 3 years ago. I started to get mood swings, hot flushes, extremely dry skin, insomnia and sweat during the night.
Two years ago the doctor prescribed Conjugated Oestrogens 0.625mg. The tablets didn’t make much of a difference and I gained weight. After 8 months (and 8 kg later) the doctor changed the treatment to Estrofem. The symptoms decreased, but I kept on gaining weight. 6 Months ago the initial symptoms resurfaced. I’m currently using Ortho-est 0.625mg (two daily) I’ve gained 20kg during the past 2 years. I exercise an hour every day, but the kilo’s keep on piling up and the symptoms persist.

Best regards.

Expert ImageNatural health

HI Minnie

You need to see a homeopath please, asap. There are many ways to help women with hormonal problems in the natural world, and the right product for you needs to be selected by a good homeopath.

Let us know where you stay so that we can recommend someone if at all possible.

Kind regards.

Estie