Posted by: Jerome | 2009/07/30


Hi Doc, I have a feeling I may have low testosterone levels. Im in my late 20' s and my libido is very low for someone my age, also I get very tired during the day. I do not have any stress factors that may be causing this, so if I go to my doc to get my hormone levels checked, what exact type of test must I request him to do? What levels must he check so determine if i do suffer from low test? (eg free test, estrogen levels etc)? Im a bit incertain on what to ask for, please advise. Also what are the normal levels my hormones should be and also if it is determined that I have low testosterone levels or too much estrogen then what medications are usually given to someone my age to cure this problem and for how long? THanks , Jerome.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Jerome
Your doctor can just do a testosterone blood test - if low, they may need to test some of the other hormones too, and treatment will be testosterone injections. Also ask him to check your thyroid hormone levels and your blood sugar.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.