Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/07/23


I saw a Dr Phil show on the havoc female hormones can cause and wondering if my fibromyalgia, diagnosed 45 years ago just on my obvious symptoms, no tests, and my hypothyroidism which was diagnosed around that time too due to periods stopping, are due actually to a hormone problem. Should I see an endocrinologist? Or, to save money, what hormone tests should my GP prescribe? At this stage I am 58 and perimenopausal, judging by hot flushes. I am also very tired and keep myself going with coffee, which wakes up
my body and mind very well, most of the time. Sometimes I am just a zombie and nothing helps!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

If your main symptoms are tiredness and hot flushes, then HRT would be the best option. Y0u can do thyroid function tests to check your thyroid status.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.