Posted by: Tracy | 2009/05/15


Please could you tell me if there is any other tests to check hormones other than the basic tests. I had a hyst 11 years ago and am only 35 now. Still have overies. Ive put on a lot of weight and suffer depression. I have terrible downers once a month. Basic blood tests were done for thyroid and hormones and apparently they are fine, but Im convinced that there is a problem because Ive always battled with PMS quite seriously. Are there other tests or specialists I could see to try get some answers. Tried dieting and nothing changes. Tired all all the time. Please give advise

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You could see a gynaecologist. Not all imbalances of hormones can be picked up with blood tests. SOmetimes you have to start treatment and see if it helps.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.