Question
Posted by: Anne | 2007/04/23

Hormones

I have been on Yasmin now for ± 3 - 4 years. When I started on the Yasmin I had a hormonal imbalance which lasted between 3 - 4 months. I have for the last 3 - 4 months been very irritable 1 - 2 weeks after menstruating and a couple of days before (classic PMS) I think I'm suffering from a hormonal imbalance which could have been induced by high stress levels - my brother passed away in November & my best friend in January. Shall I continue with Yasmin for another 2 or 3 months and then take it up with my GP if my symptoms continue, as I am not suffering any other ill effects from it?

Dear Anne
hang in there a bit - try Vit B 6 100mg per day for the week before and week after your periods. You may have to talk to a psychologist as you had quite severe emotional trauma in the past 6 months - they must evaluate you for subclinical reactive depression? It creeps up on you - just a listless tired feeling, irritability, crying spells, feeling of you can't concentrate as you used to.