Question
Posted by: LOLO | 2007/02/26

HORMONES

What is a cure for imbalanced hormones?
What kind of treatment i need to take in oder to rectify.
Can that affect me as been trying to conceive for.5 years now.
I will be 31 married woman,no kids and so desparate.My husband doesnt have a problem because he have a 3 month old with onother woman and this is killing me.please help me!!!!

Dear Lolo

It is important to know which hormones are imbalanced and to institute the appropriate treatment. For example if thyroid functions are deranged these can be easily corrected by specific thyroid medication. The same would apply for elevated prolactin levels. However, with regards to the ovarian hormones, one can approach this treatment either by means of ovulation induction agents such as clomiphene citrate (clomid, fertimed, serophene etc. or combination with gonadotropin injections. In certain cases it may be advisable to initially regulate the hormonal system by means of simple oral contraceptives used over 2-3months and this can be followed by ovulation induction if deemed necessary.

3
Posted by: Lolo | 2007/03/01

Dear Doc

Please revert on post 553, how to contact you

Reply to Lolo

Dear Lolo
Your husband also needs to be tested. Even though he has a child, doesn't mean there is nothing wrong with him. My husband has a child with another woman and yet he contributes majorly to our infertility due to sperm motility problems.

Posted by: Lolo | 2007/02/27

Thanks Doc for your explanation,how can I contact you
need you to examine me thoroughly as there are many things to discuss.

Reply to Lolo