Question
Posted by: j9 | 2007/08/03

Hormone treatment -natural alternatives

What are the natural alternatives for hormone therapy and what age is appropraite to start actively "treating"? I am 35 yr old female.

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

There is two school of thought. The first is that if you want youthful hormones then you should at the age of about 30 do a blood test to see what your levels are like cortisol, DHEA, progesterone and ect are. If you levels are low you can supplement with DHEA. The other hormone replacement is when a female goes into menopause. this can happen from the age of about 52. Then your female hormones like progesterone and oestrogen's are monitored.

I advise you to only do this treatment with a practitioner knowledgable in this field as you do not want to put your hormones out of balance.

Dr Debbie

1
Posted by: anon | 2007/08/04

An Endocrinologist gave me DHEA as well as natural progesterone and estrogen (trans dermal creams). I developed acne with the DHEA and bad headaches, had to stop that. It doesn't agree with everyone.

Reply to anon