Question
Posted by: Bonny | 2003/12/10

Hormone replacement tablets

My GP has told me to immediately stop taking Estro-pause because of recent findings in the USA that it causes breast cancer. He also said that in the UK people have been told to stop using hormone replacement, whether it be in the form of tablets, patches or implants, immediately.

Where can I find these articles?

It has always been known that there is an increased risk of breast cancer if you use HRT. The increase in risk is, however, small. The latest study, the Woman's Health Initiative study, has confirmed these findings. The study is published in medical journals, but if you do a google search, you will find references on the internet.