Question
Posted by: ShyGuy | 2004/01/09

Hormone problem or not?

I am 26 years old and look very young for my age. I only have a few whiskers on my cheeks and would love to feel what it's like to have a beard. It feels like I am going through an eternal puberty - I have continious skin breakouts as well. The texture of my skin is dry, uneven and discoloured. In the last 6 months I went for 3 hormone checks. ( testosterone, sex and other hormone levels). My docter and dermatologist both said that everything is fine. The dermatologist prescribed minomycin (sp) and another anti-biotic. I suffered tremendous itching for 2 weeks - which the dermatologist has no clue why. That was my last hope - I dont know if this all could be hormone related or not. I would really appreciate if you can advice me what to do next...... Thanks!

SG, I doubt that it is due to a hormone problem as it would have shown up on the tests. That said, it’s very difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine you first. The best would probably be to see a specialist physician and to have him sort it out for you. Good luck.