Question
Posted by: Lee | 2007/05/30

Hormone injections for male cat

I read in the archives a solution to male cats spraying could be hormone injections. our problem is that our male neutered cat goes into other peoples houses and sprays their belongings (seems to be owners of female cats). i understand that it is frustrating for them and the people who have complained have been very kind about it but i would hate someone to hurt my cat because of it. locking him in the house permenantly is just not an option (he loves being outside). Could someone explain to me what the hormone injections do and if it is a permanent solution to the problem, and how often he would have to have them?

many thanks

Lee

The injections modify the behaviour of the animal because they are reproductive hormones. It is best for you to discuss this with your vet who will be able to explain all the side effects and also tell you how often the injections will be necessary.