Question
Posted by: Caren | 2008/01/17

Hormone Inbalance

Since a teenager I've had a hormone inbalance as my period was very irregular (once in 3, 6 or 9 months) and I had very heavy flow when I did menstruate with excruciating pain.
Since I was 20 I've been on the pill. I am now 42 and never had any children. Last year my doctor prescribed Yasmin which worked fantastic. Since November 2007 I've been experiencing pre-menopause symptoms like hot flushes, headaches, irritability, diarrea, etc.
I went for a pap smear and blood test two weeks ago. The blood test indicated that my hormone levels were low and the GP suggested that I sop Yasmin for 3 months. Then to have another blood test to give a more accurate reading re hormones. It's been two weeks (one week placebo pills) and I am very melancholy, weepy, irritable, heavy headaches. What can I do to alleviate these symptoms?

Take Panado fopr the headaches.The rest I think you will have to sit out till you have the hormone test. A month should be enough time to do the test.

1
Posted by: mayssa | 2009/01/26

im 18 years old,and i still have problems in my period.my doc gave me a medicament" belara" ,and i used for one year,to help me to have my period in the right time,but when i stopped from 2 months ago,and until now my period skipped!!
what shall i do

Reply to mayssa