Question
Posted by: Desperate C | 2007/11/29

Hormonal levels..Confusing ???? Help !!!

Can someone please help me with my results. I had a Zoladex injection 16 weeks ago and a lap to remove endometriosis 4 weeks ago. I've been feeling nauseous and have had stabbing pains in my lower abdomen for the past 10 days. Two weeks ago I had 3 days of very light spotting. Anyway, my results (blood taken yesterday) were as follows :
Estradiol <37 pmol/L
Progesterone 0.6 nmol/L
LH 0.6 U/L
FSH 5.6 U/L

What do these results mean ? My gynae says that it lookes like I'm ovulating, but the Zoladex still hasn't wotrked out of my system yet. Is she correct ?

Dear Desperate C

The results certainly DO NOT point towards ovulation and is suggestive of ongoing pituitary suppression. This may be due to the effect of Zoladex persisting or may be due to other factors as well.

1
Posted by: LN | 2007/11/29

Dear Desperate C

Unfortunately, the results indicate that you have not ovulated and do not appear to be anywhere near ovulation.
Your estrogen and LH levels are still very suppressed. At these levels, it may be that there is no follicular growth and womb lining still very thin (and then the spotting only).

Are you suffering from flushes at all? As your FSH is well within normal range, a bonus is that you are not in the menopausal range.

Reply to LN