Question
Posted by: Ness | 2007/11/30

Hope and CS (and John)

Hello darling All

Sorry no friday joke but between the puppies, work , a charity aution I am setting up, a friend whos mom is dying, my coucilling and the ex drug addict I am busy taking care of, I am exhausted. I must admit that between running after Emma today, fetching and carring back and from parties, the hospital and the aution I actually just stopped my car and started crying. All is just too much. But after a wonderful talk with the minister who is looking after my friend who's mom is passing I felt so much better. Just knowing that some people are givers and thats just who they are made me feel so much better. I just hope the aution goes off well next week and we raise loads of money, my friends mom finds peace and Emma learns that giving is just a way of life.

So I will find a joke, I promise, and when I find my laugh I will post it.

Its when I come here that I remember that you are all out there and I am very grateful. Have a wonderful weekend... sending love xxxx

Hi Ness ! ( your royal hi-ness, perhaps ? ) You have about as good an excuse for not posting a Fridaty joke as anyone could have. Don't over-do it, though --- remember my concept of altruistic selfishness --- if you don't properly look after yourself, you won't be fit to care for anyone else, either.
jcat- thanks for the joke, and good to hear from you too. Even Carol enjoyed that one !
And thanks, too, Hope* --- what a tea-party that would be ! And you fit thwe joke too, as your nick contains a star

11
Posted by: John | 2007/12/03

Hiya Ness (and everyone else). I took a day off on Friday so that I could miss the awful annual year-end party. Far too many people get far too drunk and do things they regret the next day (and those things are sometimes more senior than they are!!)

Ness, I had no idea that you were such a busy-lizzie. Now, reach over and give yourself a pat on the back for all your hard work!!

As for the tea-party, name the day and I'll be there!!

Reply to John
Posted by: Ness | 2007/12/01

What the hell, its more fun drink on MEDS (cheap date) LOL

Reply to Ness
Posted by: anon | 2007/12/01

I'm not on meds Hope.....

LOL, I can just imagine. :)

Hey but it doesn't mean teatollers can't have fun!

Reply to anon
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/12/01

Unfortunately is got to be tea though, because I think most of us are on meds. LOL imagine if it wasn't tea.

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/01

Teaparty: Just tell me when and where!

Reply to Maria
Posted by: anon | 2007/12/01

Hi Ness, Look after yourself, I agree with CS, take care of yourself enjoy the nap. Hope, JCat, Maria and everyone else, thanks for including me in that teaparty invite. WOuldn't it be awesome....imagine how much fun we will have.

I also enjoyed the joke Jcat, how you keeping.

Hugs and love
me

Reply to anon
Posted by: Ness | 2007/12/01

Hello darlings. Loved the carol joke! Am now going to have a nap and relax. Hope, name the day for the tea party, I will make a cup and be there in spirit (its the best I can do from durban to johannesburg) LOL

Lots of hugs and love
Ness

Reply to Ness
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/12/01

Hi JCat, enjoyed the joke!! We have lots of Carols in our family, so a few faces popped to mind. LOL!!

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/12/01

And hello darling Ness!! Thanks for the post, i was looking for you yesterday. I hope all goes well with you and all you have to do today. I'm also running around dropping a teenager of at a party, dropping a tweenie of at her most favorite person in the world, her Gran. I have a little baba all to myself today, that means lots of kisses and cuddles for me!!!

Ness, I'm glad you have control of your bipolar and can recognise triggers. This is important. I myself am finding triggers and also trying to find my thing (as my shrink puts it).
I know that one of these days, I am going to get it right again.
(Its the stinking flashbacks that turn me upside down)

How I'd love to invite you to tea!! I would also ask CS, Maria, John, Jcat , Anon and others to join us. (If John ever decides to write a book, with his obvious skill's I will be the first to buy it).
Give the pups a cuddle from me!!

Ness, have a lovely weekend.
You deserve so much.
Looking forward to the next joke!!!
((hugs))
Hope*

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: jcat | 2007/11/30

Hey Ness, after a day like that, you need the joke to just come and find you! So - here's the first truly awful Christmas joke of the season :

Three men died on Christmas Eve and were met by Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates. 'In honor of this holy season' Saint Peter said,'You must each possess something that symbolizes Christmas to get into heaven.'

The first man fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a
lighter. He flicked it on. 'It represents a candle', he said.
'You may pass through the pearly gates' Saint Peter said.

The second man reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys. He shook them and said, 'They're bells.'
Saint Peter said 'You may pass through the pearly gates'.

The third man started searching desperately through his
pockets and finally pulled out a pair of women's panties.
St. Peter looked at the man with a raised eyebrow and asked,
'And just what do those symbolize?'

The man replied, 'These are Carols.'.....

Hope your weekend is better than that joke!
jcat

Reply to jcat
Posted by: Ness | 2007/11/30

And for anyone else who reads this. I am bipolar, I have not had an "incident" in 2 years, CBT has been amazing and I thank with all my heart CS for putting me onto it. I now know the triggers and I CAN change the outcome. It is an amazing feeling to be in control of who I am and what I get from life. I ready everyday people hurting on this site and I empithise completely but I promise you can take it back, I promise, you can "keep it together" and if you do it for long enough, it becomes second nature..... it really does

Reply to Ness