Question
Posted by: Jane | 2005/11/22

Honeymoon Cystitis

So, in the last 24hrs I've developed a few symptoms that I think could indicate honeymoon cystitis (urethritis). Could this be right, or are there any other suggestions?

I have a constant need to pee and burning sensation. When I do go to the toilet there is some blood (but it appears to be more related to discharge than urine).

I got married a month ago and was a virgin. I finished my last period 5 days ago.

I don't have back pain or other symptoms.

It does sound like a bladder infection. You may need antibiotics. In the meantime, drink lots of water.

2
Posted by: Kay | 2005/11/22

Hi Jane,
You need to get to a doctor. He will prescribe medicine that relieves your pain straight away. Bladder infections are prone to getting worse before they get better.

Reply to Kay
Posted by: Taz | 2005/11/22

Hi Jane,

That could very well be a bladder infection, i got married in May and was also a virgin.

And had constant bladder infection, it just means your body is getting used to be sexually active all the time.

Drink lots of water and when you need to go to the loo don't hold it in that is what causes it.

What can also help is after you have done the deed and have settled, try and go to the loo, cause that is when infections are more likely to settle.

Taz

Reply to Taz