Question
Posted by: Bingo | 2007/12/12

honde

Hi, ek soek net raad a.s.b. Ek het n 2 jarige reen. Ek het 3 maande
terug 2 baba reens gekry. Nou raak hul groter en hul begin mekaar
te byt as ek hul kos gee. Ek het al alles probeer sodat die probleem nie erger raak as hul groot honde is nie. Moet ek een van die reens weg gee of is daar n manier om die honde te leer
om nie mekaar se kos te eet of af te neem nie. Ons sit byne elke
aand en pas die honde op as hul eet.

Hou hulle aprast wanneer hulle kos kry and laat hulle ook laat regmaak deusr u veearts. Dit sal help.

10
Posted by: Steppenwolf | 2007/12/12

Luister, ek het dieselfde probleem gehad. Die oplossing is om een van daai amerikaanse pitbull reens te kry. Dis soos die stoeispanne. As daar twee is sal een van elke trop kan wagstaan terwyl die ander eet.

Hoop dit help.

Reply to Steppenwolf
Posted by: Bingo | 2007/12/12

Dankie vir jul raad!

Reply to Bingo
Posted by: WR | 2007/12/12

Ja, the obedience will work wonders - but why not have them all neutered?
Like Blaah said, make them sit, and you tell them when to eat.
When you say Wit Wolf - do you mean as in a real wolf (Canadian/ Timber etc.)

Good luck!

Reply to WR
Posted by: Blaah | 2007/12/12

Lycan is a stuffing clever dog, he learns so quick, but he is damm naughty as well :)

he could sit before he was house trained :)
but he is perfectly house trained now
paitence is definately key

Reply to Blaah
Posted by: Sindi | 2007/12/12

Shame Blaah!!! Hehehehehe poor puppy!! Hehehehe At least he was obedient.

What you are saying is exactly what I am doing with my puppy at the moment and it is working very well. Only thing is he keeps forgetting to piepie outside. He gets it right half the time, I suppose patience will get us there.

Reply to Sindi
Posted by: Blaah | 2007/12/12

it takes paitence but works wonders
especially with over zealous over food puppies....
it may be a little harder to teach the chows

a stern sit with the bowl still in your hand (make surethey sit then praise for the sit)
and as you put it down stern leave or los till you put it down
if it dives for the food lift it up and say no/nee
repeat
when it gets it right praise by petting
don't leave it waiting to long in the begining as impaitence and hunger will make the dog go for the food

then when you are ready for them to eat
use a different command like OK or eat
and tap the bowl

eventually they will have it down to a key
an won't eat till you say so

but always remember to say so
i have once forgotten and came back 15 mins later and my poor puppy was sitting staring at his food droolin into it
i felt like a monster

the training helped with the food agression with my chows

good luck

Reply to Blaah
Posted by: Sindi | 2007/12/12

Couldn't have said it better. Very good advise, Bingo, that should work!!

Good luck!!!

Reply to Sindi
Posted by: Blaah | 2007/12/12

Chows are vy territorial!!!
and it is never a good idea to have so many of the same sex together.....especially chows (though the females can be worse)

have them all fixed as soon as you can

feed them far away from each other as in seperate parts of the yard or feed the litte chow in the house and the older chow and the 'wit wolf' outside

chows are very funny about thier food and will fight for it
but also if they are chased from heir food often or challenged and they are the softer type they will start to reject their food and wait till everyone has eaten before looking for scrapes for themselves.....natural selection of sorts .... they get a type of complex and trust me you don't want that, it is very hard to get them out of it and there is nothing worse than havin to beg your chow to eat.

what you can also do is teach each to wait for their food to sit paitenly by the full bowl till you say they can eat

they must know that you decide when they can and cannot eat,

then let the old dog and little chow eat first then wait a few secs and let the naughty one eat
this will give the others more time to eat.

good luck

Reply to Blaah
Posted by: bingo | 2007/12/12

2 jarige - chow, die kleintjies n chow en wit wolf. Glo my ek het dit gedoen, doen nog steeds maar die wolf is baie skelm,
sodra ek my rug draai, dan val hy die klein chow aan vir sy kos. Hy is nog versigtig vir die ou hondjie

Reply to bingo
Posted by: Sindi | 2007/12/12

Sit hulle bakke weg van mekaar af en elke hond moet daar bly en sy kos opeet. As die een na die ander wil gaan, moet julle net streng wees en hulle by hulle eie kosbakke hou. Dis iets wat n lelike einde kan he as hulle nie nou reggehelp word nie. Jy

Watter tipe honde is dit? Hoe hulle gevoer word en grootgemaak word kan al die verskil in die wereld maak.

Reply to Sindi