Question
Posted by: Sugar | 2006/04/10

Homoeopathic remedies to help with irregular periods - worthwhile to try?

I've been off the pill now for 8 months. Haven't had a regular period since then. Seems like it's only every other month (or longer). I made an appointment with a gynae, but he can only see me in 6 weeks time. In the meanwhile I saw an article in the Living & Loving on homoeopathic remedies (Feminon & Landi F) that helps to regulate cycles and improve fertility. Is it worth while to try such remedies while I wait to see a gynae and how exactly does it work?

Dear Sugar

My recommendation is to rather wait for your appointment to see your gynaecologist, so that he/she can ascertain the cause of your irregular periods. There is certainly no scientific evidence in randomised controlled trials that Homeopathic remedies help in regulating your periods and improving your fertility.

2
Posted by: Liz | 2006/04/11

I went on Lanfi F to regulate my period but did not work, went to gynie and found the problem.

Reply to Liz
Posted by: Liezel | 2006/04/11

I have posted something earlier about all my problems, with irrigular period etc. I work on a organic, homeopathic farm. We are huge on exports. I use Agnes Castus drops which we make on the farm, you can buy Agnes Castus anywhere. I have been using it for 2 monts now, but still my period isnt better, they said I must wait 6 months.

Reply to Liezel