Question

Home pregnancy tests

How soon can one use a hpt ? Is it better to wait until you have missed a period and if you take a test before your period will it be accurate

It is better to wait 3-4 days after you have missed a period. The test may well be negative if you test before you miss a period.

2
Posted by: lulu | 2007/05/22

The above is all true.. but just so you know, I tested myself a week before my period was due and there was a faint positive. It only got stronger with time and I'm now 6 weeks preggies. So you could try a few days before..

Reply to lulu
Posted by: (*) | 2007/05/16

The best time to use a hpt would be the day you expect your period or the day you have missed your period in order for it to be acurate. You could also do a blood test to confirm if you are or are not pregnant if the wait is to long.

Reply to (*)