Question
Posted by: TTC | 2007/02/22

Home Pregnancy Test

Please could you tell me when is the soonest I can do a home pregnancy test and expect a realistic result?
Is there any chance of it picking up a pregnancy soon after conception?
Thank you.

The soonest would be the day of your expected period, but even this is often too early for a home test to be accurate. Realistically, wait till 3-4 days after your period is due.

2
Posted by: Suery | 2007/02/24

I know of some who did home test after 2 weeks and got a +. Others it always said a - even though their blood test was +. Best would be a blood test. Home test is cheaper. +- R 20.00

Reply to Suery
Posted by: Hopefull | 2007/02/22

Most Preg. Test are only affective from the first day you miss your period. A Bloodtest can confirm earlier than that. I went for my bloodtest on Tuesday and my period was only due on Friday and it came back possitive.

Good Luck

Reply to Hopefull