Question
Posted by: sophie e | 2004/02/27

home pregnancy positive, doctors negative

I had a miscarrige 6 weeks ago and have not yet had a peroid. I have done 5 pregnancy tests and they have all been positive but the doctors test (2 days ago) was negative.
3 days after the miscarrige I went for a check up and a scan with the doctor and a test was done which was then negative.
The results from the current tests have confused me and i am worried i i still have pregany hormons in my body as i am suffereng from a peroid pain of some sort with a headache which gets worst the more physical movement i do PLEASE HELP

To be totally sure, you could have a blood pregnancy test done. However, pregnancy hormone does not cause headaches and abdominal pain.

1
Posted by: Kate | 2004/02/29

I think a blood test would give you a more acturate result. Why don't you go to a lab in one of the hospitals and ask them to do a pregnancy blood test. It costs about R80 and you will get the result within 30 minutes.

I am sure this is very unsettling for you and I think you need to get an acturate result.

Best of luck.

Reply to Kate