Question
Posted by: Rosie | 2004/10/04

Home Exercising

I am desperatly trying to lose weight but cant afford to go to a gym or buy any home gym equipment. Is there anyone out there that can give me sum advise on what exercises I should do and sum tips??? I will really appreciate it.

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Fred, Jannie,

Thank you.

Rosie,

There are certain exercises that you can do at home. Push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, squats, lunges, step calf raises etc.

Contact me for more specifics should you need any.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

3
Posted by: Rosie | 2004/10/07

I am on a healthy diet which I "designed" for myself, using a food pyramid as a guide. I've cut down on coffee, sugar, fatty foods, sweets, etc. Trying to eat more fruit & veggies and drinking more water. For excercise I do stair climbing (10 floors), and running on the spot until I can't go anymore. Other exercises I've started with is your usual abs and thigh exercises, for those are the bodyparts I am having trouble with. If I exercise for 1 hour, will I be able to lose sum weight? I need to lose 15-20 kgs. Do you have any other tips that I could use? I would like to lose about 10 kgs before December.

Reply to Rosie
Posted by: Jannie | 2004/10/07

Fred seems to be talking a lot of sense...

Reply to Jannie
Posted by: Fred | 2004/10/07

The more muscle you gain, the more calories you burn-resting and while working out.Without weights it will be hard to build a lot of muscle so this is no solution. Toning can be achieved with pushups and other such exercises however these will be difficult as you would be using bodyweight especially for pullups etc. The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories and/or eat less calories daily. The best way to burn calories is through exercise as besides the health benefits of being fit you will also not lose essential vitamins and minerals as you could when on a calorie restricted diet. Walking is probably best to start off with along with swimming and cycling. Running will burn more calories than walking over a specific time period but is more high impact on the body and could cause injuries. Playing any kind of sport such as tennis or squash will also help as you will be burning calories. As far as diet stay away from oily sweet foods and eat small regular meals throughout the day with plenty of water. Best of luck!

Reply to Fred