Question
Posted by: SKY | 2003/02/10

HOME EXCERCISES FOR WEIGHT LOSS

I am 30 years old - started a fantastic diet (eating 6 small meals per day) and feel great! I lost weight, although I do not weigh myself, I can see it in my clothes. I am cycling at home (15min morning & evening), doing push-ups and crunchies (15 morning & evening), but the cellulite and flabbyness at my innerthy, outerthy and tummy does not seem to disappear. How much should I do per day or what else can I do. I cannot go to a gim, do not have weights and cannot go jogging, as I live on a small holding. I'am 1.63m and now weigh appr. 60kg. I also had a secerian section with the birth of my 2nd child, which caused a bulch over my lower stomach area-how can I get it smaller and/or wrid of it?

Hi Sky

Well done on your effective eating plan and exercise. For some additional ideas for exercises, I suggest you log onto www.health24.co.za try the home-based programme "Shape up for Summer". There are many different cardiovascular options with great goals from which to choose, as well as a range of resistance exercises you can do from home.

Variety is probably what you need in both the cardiovascular and ersistance training exercise options as well as varying your intensity in the cardiovascular sessions. I would also recommend you write to Dietdoc, to ensure your diet is optimal. It might not be possible to get rid of your tummy completely, but try these options.

Good luck.