Question
Posted by: sum1 | 2007/07/11

home abortion

doc,i was 7 wks pregnant,inserted 4 cytotec tablets last nite & started bleeding heavy and cramping within 3 hours.do i need to go to hospital 4 d&c? if i don go 4 d&c what complications will i hav? will it affect chances of having a wanted child in future? is there any way of knowing that the abortion is complete?

You need to go to hospital to check that everything is out. This is not always the case. If there are retained products you will need a D&C else you can bleed heavily or get infections. You cannot tell whether the abortion is complete. An examination by a doctor is necessary for this.

8
Posted by: maree | 2007/07/12

Thank you Linny! Finally someone that isnt anti abortion. I feel the same way as you about abortions it seems.

Reply to maree
Posted by: Linny | 2007/07/11

Dear Sum1

I agree with Maree, you should go back to Marie Stopes and if you still not happy or don't feel comfortable make an appointment to see your gynae.

Don't take not of any of the judgemental posts, you alone went through the date rape and you made the best possible decision for yourself. Be strong because you definately don't have an easy time ahead of you and if possible find a friend or someone you can talk to or confide in. It's always easier getting through trauma if you have someone to share it with.

Take care of youself!

Reply to Linny
Posted by: Maree | 2007/07/11

You should go back to marie stopes to do a womb scrape to make sure that "everything" is out. Y did you choose that option and not do the "normal abortion".

Reply to Maree
Posted by: u didn have 2 | 2007/07/11

you didnt have to if its a rape child Y do you put yourself in double frustration by killing, whats done is done the child was killed life goes on,

Reply to u didn have 2
Posted by: Shocked! | 2007/07/11

O,sorry. Strongs for the future!

Reply to Shocked!
Posted by: sum1 | 2007/07/11

Cytotec is a Medical Abortion Pill and I bought it at Marie Stopes for R1575.As far as I'm aware,that's the only place you can get it.I did it because the child was a product of date rape.I laid a charge one week after the incident because I was in shock and scared of the perpetrator then it was too late to take the morning after pill so I had no choice.

Reply to sum1
Posted by: shocked!!! | 2007/07/11

How can You do this???

Reply to shocked!!!
Posted by: M | 2007/07/11

Where did you get hold of cytotec tablets? Was it prescribed by a doc or did you get it from a pharmacy?What does it do?

Reply to M